Make sure to get your festive on next week during our Holiday Spirit week. From Hot Cocoa to sporting your best Holiday threads, be sure to check out the Student Council events all week long!
What's New @ Central
We would like to invite all who are interested to participate in our Dry Grad committee. This is a group of parents who support and organize a dry grad event that occurs after our Grad Dinner dance on Thursday June 21st, 2018. If you are interested in being involved or have any questions please e-mail Erin McGinley-VP, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come check out our Chamber A Choir with the Vancouver Welsh Men’s Choir on Thursday November 30th, 2017.
Post-Secondary Evening – Students and parents are invited to attend on Wednesday, Nov 22nd at 6PM. Representatives from several post-secondary institutions will be available to answer your questions. SFU will be presenting from 7:00 – 7:45 and UBC will be presenting from 7:45 – 8:30
Welcome to the MyEducationBC Parent Portal. Having access to the Family Portal will allow you to see grades, attendance, report cards and other information about your child(ren).
**This will be permanently pinned to the front page of the school website under the new “PARENT INFORMATION” section on the right hand side of the ‘Home’ screen.
Before you start:
** To access the MyEducation BC system for the first time, you must use a computer, NOT a phone, iPad, or tablet.
** Make sure popups are enabled for your browser.
** Both user name and password are case sensitive. The password is 4 letters, 3 numbers, 4 letters.
** Each parent/guardian will have their own separate account in the Family Portal.
**If you have not received your user name and temporary password, please click here: Family Portal access request
To Access the Parent Portal:
- Navigate to myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen This link is also available on our website under Quick Links “Family Portal Login”
- Enter your user name and password then click Log On. You will have received an email with this information.
- You will receive a message indicating that your password has expired
- Create a new password, carefully following the password criteria that is listed on the screen
- Make sure that you get a confirmation message that your password has been accepted before proceeding.
- Be sure to enter your email address and security question. This will allow you to use the “I forgot my password” feature in the future.
- Choose a security question that you will never forget.
- The Burnaby School District has produced reference materials for parents related to logging in and general portal use. These can be viewed at http://blogs.sd41.bc.ca/myedbc/parentresources/ .
*For best results, use Internet Explorer or Firefox.
*If you mistype your password 5 times, the system will automatically lock your account. After 4 failed attempts click the blue “I forgot my password” link on the log-on screen.
- The program will ask for your email address as well as the answer to your security question.
- If you answer it correctly, a new temporary password will be sent to your email account.
- If you mistype the answer to your security question 3 times, the “I forgot my password” function will be frozen. In this case, please phone the school at 604-296-6850.
- Retrieve the temporary password from your email account and use it to log on to the Parent Portal. You will then be asked to create a new password.
*If you do get locked out, please click on this link to email for re-activation: Please re-activate my Account or call the school at 604-296-6850.
*If you notice any demographic changes that need to be made, please email Demographic change or call the school at 604-296-6850.
*For all other issues, please click here: Portal assistance needed or call the school at 604-296-6850.
- November 17, 2017 No Comments
- November 16, 2017 No Comments
- October 13, 2017 No Comments
- August 28, 2017 No Comments
- January 13, 2017 No Comments
- January 12, 2017 No Comments
- January 4, 2017 No Comments
- December 16, 2016 No Comments
- December 16, 2016 No Comments
- December 9, 2016 No Comments